Monday, June 6, 2016

Garden Days

The first seeds are in the ground and today rain is soaking the dry dusty earth. I am anxious to get more planting done but today I will watch the raindrops and wait for my next planting day. I look forward to another growing season. I love to watch the green sprouts force their through the ground. Weeding and hoeing will become my daily activity as I watch the plants develop. Yesterday I took a swim mid afternoon and I will be happy to settle into that routine. I have to go back up to Rolie's and get the rest of my flowers. My writing has stopped for the summer and I will let my ideas take root while the garden grows so that I will be ready to return to work in September. Another summer season with all its gifts and all the hard work is beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment