Friday, May 20, 2011

The Book Launch Every Author Dreams Of

WOW ! It was amazing. On Thursday evening May 19th I launched my novel The Year Mrs. Montague Cried. It was held in my home community on the beautiful Kingston Peninsula at the Farmer's Market in a great room filled with 200 of my closest friends and family. I was introduced so sensitively by my dear friend Ruth.My daughter and her husband and my granddaughter flew in from Alberta to surprise me and joined my son ,his wife , my other son , his girlfriend and my husband surrounding me  with love and support. My Mom and Dad , a favorite aunt , two special  cousins and their  spouses  and all the in laws in the area were there as well. Friends,neighbors  former collegues and many former students made the night complete. I signed loads of books and received a lot of hugs and warm words . Afterwards I unwound at home with a group of the people I love most in the world.People are holding and reading my book , a book hard written and deeply felt. Zac was right there with me and I couldn't be more thankful for the book's  launching and the manner in which it was recieved.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, Thrilled to see you have your site up. It's beautiful. Also wonderful that you had such a well attended book launch. It sounds as though everyone had a marvelous time. Such an exciting time when a first book comes out. It makes all those years of writing seem well worth the effort, doesn't it?

    I picked up a copy the other day. It's a lovely, lovely story. :) I'm wishing you all the success with your book.

    ReplyDelete